Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Let's get Learning!!

Ok it's time to get those brains working again. Here are some things you could do while school is closed:
Writing
Write something for me - this could be about the things happening at home, a fairy tale, a superhero story, a song, a poem . . . anything. If you can email me your writing I would love to read it. If you want your writing published I can post it here for you.
Reading
I'm sure you are all doing plenty of reading with your family. If you have read a great book recently then you could do a book review about it to share when school starts again. Remember to tell us the name of the book, the author/illustrator, what it is about and why you think we should read it too. If you need some more things to read, try this website http://www.magickeys.com/books/ .
Maths
This website is great for practising your basic facts: http://www.playkidsgames.com/games/mathfact/default.htm . Playing board games at home as also a great way to keep up your maths.
Spelling
You can practise some spelling words using this website http://www.spellingcity.com/ . Just get an adult to enter in some spelling words and you can play games and do activities that use your words.
Other Ideas
You can go to http://www.selwynridge.school.nz/kidszone.html to play the games that we play on our classroom computer. Remember to click on "Small World" or " Busy Bees".
Ask if you can do some cooking or baking and then write some instructions about the things you make.
Check out the newspapers and choose an item to share for current events when school starts back.
Illustrate a story that you have written. Remember that a great illustration will show us things that the story doesn't tell us.
If you have some earthquake photos, or photos of things you are doing at home then email these through to me. I can post them for others to see what you are up to.
You could simply send me an email to say hello and to let me know how you are doing. Try asking some questions and I will email you back to answer them. Reminder - my email is jodi.archbold@stalbans.school.nz

Remember to help out at home where you can. Big hugs to everyone. I am missing you all and hope to see you again soon. Love Miss A.

No comments:

Post a Comment