Monday, February 28, 2011

Earthquake Support and Donations

Hello again. As school is closed for at least another week I know there are a lot of people who are doing ok themselves and are looking for ways to help others. If you are in this situation then here is an idea for you: Rangiora Earthquake express are in need of donations of non-perishable food, water bottles (full or empty), nappies, baby formula, bread, razors, rubbish bags, glad bags, life-long milk and bathroom/sanitary items. If you would like to make a donation, but are not able to take it to Rangiora then I can do that for you. I will be in the St Albans area tomorrow (Tuesday) and again later in the week. I can collect goods from outside the school and take them out for you. Please email me (jodi.archbold@stalbans.school.nz) if you would like to do this and I will let you know a collection time. Please also let other people know who may like to do the same thing. The Rangiora Express are doing a fantastic job getting this food to the eastern suburbs by truck and helicopter.
Also, I have some connections with a St Albans based church group who are keen to help where they can. So if you or your neighbours/families/friends need help digging, cleaning up, moving furniture etc or you simply need some support, please let me know and I will organise some help for you. Take care and look after each other.
Jodi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment